One final way to have your prison sentence reduced is by asking either your state Governor (for state convictions) or the President of the United States (for federal convictions) to commute your sentence (allow it to be completed so you can be released) or outright “pardon” you (declare you were not in fact guilty of criminal wrongdoing and release you).

Each state has its own requirements for submitting a request for clemency, but in most cases, they will expect you to hand-write a letter.

Should clemency appear the best path for you and your case, our team can help guide you through the process to maximize your chances of success.

If you are in need of federal post-conviction representation, fill out our intake form. Questions? Contact us.